Dear Parents & Caregivers
Since midday yesterday, the Government has announced that we are now at Level 2 Alert for Covid 19.
I am sure you all know but this means the following new restrictions have been put in place, effective immediately; a full list of restrictions can be found here
Those community members over 70 and those who are immune-compromised need to immediately self-isolate. The list of people who are at risk can be located here
The Ministry of Health is now recommending anyone who fits the criteria of those most at risk, is advised to stay home.
At this stage, the Cambridge Travel Line is looking at its school bus runs and how they will staff their runs -changes may need to be made.
Schools are to remain open at this stage:- We will be developing further guidelines and discussing how we will operate at Level 2 tomorrow. At present, here are a few things we are doing and we ask you to do also, to keep us all at a good distance and keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
Our school is a big school / small community we can easily split into our 3 Syndicates to reduce interactions.
- To lessen contacts we are going to trial three separate spaces for our staff to have morning tea, rather than all being jammed together for 20 minutes in our tiny staffroom.
This is the plan for Monday morning but as you know things are fluid and could change.
- We will have the same break time but staff will meet in different spaces.
- We will have open-air staff meetings where possible, we may do this in the TCC to have more space.
- Student Teachers will not be welcome on-site next week. We will offer that they can video a class instead if needed.
- If it is wet After School Care will space out. They will have Nikau 1, Kauri 2 and Kawa Kawa 3 to spread out into. Staff will clean all hard surfaces when they leave.
- We ask parents to stay at least 2 metres apart at all times.
- Please let children only enter the classrooms – you can talk with teachers outside the classrooms only.
- Preferably we ask you to drop children closer to the gates and meeting further away from the classrooms.
- Learning Conferences may be done via Zoom or you may be sent some information home. This is yet to be finalised. We will let you know as this develops.
- Thank you, PTA but we have to decline your amazing dinner.
- Open-air assemblies – on Friday we held an open-air assembly this will be our only whole school meeting opportunity for now. Children will be spaced further apart than last week.
- Any children who are not looking healthy will be sent home.
- Please keep us informed with your family’s decisions regarding attending school. We realise many families have members who may be at risk with age and health issues, your children will be marked as justified for their absence. If it is just a temporary absence e.g. with a cold can you please let us know
- A number of our families have already gone into self-isolation, this also means there is more distance and space in the classes and playground.
Everything is evolving. We will tell you more as we develop new practices and navigate our way through the new challenges and levels.
Kia kotahi – from a distance! will get us through this.
Please let us know if you are concerned or worried about different issues.
Stay safe out there
Atawhai tetahi ki tetahi / Be kind to each other
Tamahere Model Country School
37 Devine Road
Ph: 07 856 9238
Nurturing Our Future – Growing Together
Kia atawhai aa mua – Kia tipu ngatahi